Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wow...I'm finally here

It's taken me awhile to make the decision to start this project.  It's so public and open and so out of my comfort zone to be so transparent.  (not to mention the time I'll need to put into it...but that's time I'm putting into myself in a way and that's worth it)   During my online research over the past several weeks it was amazing to me the support from perfect strangers given to others in an instant.  Those people probably found these kind souls on the internet after doing a google search on "appendix cancer"...just like I did!

Problem is.....that there isn't much out there in the way of dealing with this diagnosis...not surprising since it's not that common.  Well, it didn't take long for me to feel deep down in my gut that I had something to share.  I will get myself through this and maybe along the way grab someone else up and help them get to a good place in the "new normal" way of life.  And just maybe...the next time someone does a search on appendix cancer....I'll be there to light the way a little bit.

I don't want this to be all about the cancer.  I've got so many other things in my life to worth my time and energy than that.  But I have decisions to make and need to be practical.  I want to lay out my choices here and maybe I'll hear from others who may be or have been in my situation...or close enough to relate to.  It's not all about the disease but it's what got me here so I'm going to make the best of it.

Besides, making your disease your life takes too much energy that you can spend having a little fun...ok maybe alot of fun!  I've got to go for tonight but look forward to some fun times :)

Cheryl......ps....going to try some ground turkey burgers tomorrow.  IF they turn out ok I will share the experience and a photo....IF I can figure out how to upload it :)

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, First off, I'm impressed that you created such a great blog! I's still figuring them out.
    I am so proud of you for putting yourself out like this! You have gone through the past, what, is it 52 weeks now, with such grace! It was no mistake that we met! I've learned so much from you.

    I look forward to following your blog and finding out more about what is surely the ultimate evil, cancer. Just to say the word is frightening, I wonder how you do it.

    You know I'm always here beside you, each step of the way!! Hugs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete