Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homemade Ground Turkey Burger Debut



Turkey Burgers....wow I'm not sure whether I'm more excited that I got the image loaded or that these actually tasted really good!  Either way here they are.

I need a better camera if I'm going to be a public foodie though...this pic was taken from my phone.  What I really want is a Nikon D40...time to hit Ebay.


Back to the turkey burgers....I don't really have a recipe but here is what I did.

I ground up the end of a piece of day old baguette and added a little milk and an egg to make sort of a paste.  Added that to a pound of ground turkey.  2 tsp of Guldens mustard, 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce, 1 minced clove of garlic and 1 shallot minced.....mixed er all up together with a fork....pattied them up and cooked on a paninni pan on the stove on low/med heat.  Three words....omg :)  These little beauties were moist and flavorful. 

Part of my attack on this cancer is to eat whatever it doesn't like.  Anyway, having cancer doesn't mean you need to eat differently than anyone else necessarily it just means that it is more important to eat healthy...like we all should be doing right?  Baby steps though...otherwise the changes won't stick in my opinion.  So, for each meal my plan is to have one healthy item if not more until my plate looks like the longest living vegan plated it up! 

Just for starters, the following advice is a good place to start.

  • Eat foods as close to their natural state as possible.
  • Eat as much colorful vegetables as your digestive system can tolerate
  • If a food will not rot or sprout, then throw it out.
  • Shop the perimeter (outside aisles) of the grocery store.  
Well, this is it for the night....peace out!




No comments:

Post a Comment