Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Terrific Tuesday...


...even though I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep.  I just couldn't sleep last night and I'm at the point where I'm so tired I'm wired out...tylenol pm is looking good right now but the Dish Network guy still hasn't arrived.  Daniel worked from home so it's not been a total waste and he said he was very productive.

It's a terrific Tuesday because...drum roll please...I am the proud owner of a new Nikon D40 camera.  As soon as it arrives I plan to make an Apple Upside Down cake and post a photo of it.  I'm going to take a side-by-side with old/new camera so you can see the improvement.  I will be light years ahead of where I currently am in the way of a digital camera.  It was a splurge but at this stage in my life I'm not going to count every penny and worry that buying this camera is going to cost a year of lunches or something in my retirement.  I am going to start bringing my lunch again to work...I miss them and I just need to get back into my evening/morning groove to get them started again.

Wow, I've been blogging a full week.  I've looked forward to it.  I'm going to spend some time Saturday (it's supposed to rain) thinking about what I want to accomplish with this.  I feel like I need some sort of a plan.  Well, that is between learning the camera and baking the cake :)

Peace out.

SPECIAL UPDATE:  Since my original post I received my FedEx tracking number...my little Niko is coming home tomorrow!!!  I will most likely have 50 pictures of my dog Daisy by 9pm tomorrow night :)  She's cute...you'll like her.

UPDATE TO THE SPECIAL UPDATE:  Yes, still up but not for long.  DISH network came and conquered.  It's official...we have NHL Center Ice.  I will not see the man I married until the hockey season is over...well that's not entirely true.  I will see him in between games...hmmm what trouble can I get into this winter!  Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment