Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday and...



... it's a beautiful Maryland day!  What a gorgeous day it was here in the Chesapeake area...simply awesome.  Picture taken from our deck.

I had my roto rooter (colonoscopy) appointment today and I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it might be.  So yesterday I could eat breakfast and after that nothing but clear liquids.  I wasn't hungry it was more like I wanted to eat because I couldn't. 

At 5pm I took two pills and then at 7pm I started drinking the 2 liters of crap.  I tell you...towards the last half of that damn jug I just wanted to puke.  That was by far the worse part of this entire process...well you know what happens next.  Then I slept pretty good.  Got up and off we went.  I had an 11:30 am appt.

They hooked me up to the iv, the nice guy came in and made me laugh.  He said he was sending me on a round trip to the down under - Australia...I don't know where I went but the next thing they were waking me up and within 30 minutes I was outta there.  I had no polyps or cancer...I can't believe my luck but am sure grateful for it.  He said we will do this again in  5 to 10 years....he prefers 5.   I do have a bit of diverticula but upping my fiber will help prevent more. 

All in all it was a good day I would say.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment